Please email resume and contact information to office manager email@example.com with job description in the email subject.
MiTú is a Latino lifestyle YouTube network located in Culver City, California that works with partners all over the world, primarily Spanish speakers. The Bilingual Production Accountant assists both MiTú, as well as the production management and corporate team, with the preparation and maintenance of production cost reports, financial schedules and cash flows. Also, assists group and department heads with budgeting, forecasting and analyzing the current status of the budget, reallocating funds and auditing the veracity of back up accounting documentation.
This position is required to manage monthly payments to partners, as well as all show-based production accounts and to fundamentally understand all aspects of production, from the development stage through to the post-production and delivery stage, and be able to advise both production crew members and management. The Production Accountant oversees all financial aspects of MiTú and various productions, including support of month end close, yearly financial actuals, revenue and expense tracking, payroll support and various projection reporting requests.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support in tracking, forecasting and reporting of financial information pertaining to productions and corporate planning
- Analyze results versus budget, per project, quarterly and yearly estimates
- Prepare overage memos, cash flows, and actual cost reports.
- Maintain payroll tracker, contract tracker, copies of invoices and all related paperwork
- Review for accuracy all invoices, expense reports, development payments
- Conduct research of payable inquiries, misapplied, lost or unpaid
- Monitor all petty cash and purchase card spending
- Will be responsible for acting as interface between production accounting activities and corporate finance.
- Will reconcile all ledger accounts related to production activities.
- Will process accounts payable invoices for payment including securing approval, entering invoices, printing and mailing checks
- And other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance or related field
Excellent professional verbal and written communication and strong interpersonal skills — in both English and Spanish
- At least two or more years in a Production Accountant position for production company or shows
- Proficient knowledge and work well with Quickbooks
- Prior experience with Movie Magic budgeting and strong Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills preferred
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills a must, multitasker
- Works well under pressure and completes projects on a timely basis
- Knowledgeable of California labor laws as they relate to weekly timecards
- Managing Petty cash
- Have experience working formulating cash flows, AP and reconciling bank statementsMust exhibit sense of urgency with regard to client servicing